My Journey...

Of events and incidents that affect me...

Monday, October 23, 2006

Run up to placements..

The gtalk status message of one of my friend's said:
"char din ki zindagani..slot O.. slot 1..slot 2..slot 3 "
This is what has been going on campus.. this will continue till Novemeber 6th. Summer placements.. the 'compulsary' ppt's we need to attend.. the painful forms.. 10pm deadline.. skipping dinners/lunches/breakfasts-a common phenomenon.Well this is how my life moves on after a term here at IIM-L
No matter how early we know of the deadline.. inevitably we are submitting our form just 1-2 minutes before deadline.Take today for example.. yesterday being diwali we were spared of the submissions..but still today at 9:58 pm i ran to the placement office.. at 9:59 managed to drop it in the box.. I didnt want another fine..
So much for time management!that gets me to all the 'globish' questions that i have to fill.. As i'm applying to only Marketing companies- I have lots more of- "describe a significant achievement where you overcame all the obstacles..blah blah.. " long bloody forms!tiring and painful. Some of the presentations are even more painful.
To add to that life is just getting tougher.. INDEX is comin up..(INDEX-The BIGGEST Marketing fest across ALL B-Schools.I"m the committee memeber of INDEX)lots of work in that front.. and then midterms!!first term has been so peaceful.This term i'm getting screwed in classes.. 2 prof's are asking me questions!!(thts really bad..esp wen they even have marks allocated for CP (class participation).Somebody just mentioned today that they can see me getting screwed day by day.. just 4 days after placements are our midterms and then one week later is INDEX!!All i know is that i'l feel like a 'gladiator' after this term!!
I dont know what placements have in store for me.. just hope its not too depressing..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
hit Counter