My Journey...

Of events and incidents that affect me...

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Of celebrations and parties…… and more parties!!!

Yes. That is exactly what I’ve been upto this month!Life’s never been this rocking!And I’ve had a good ending to a hectic year.. 2005 has been hectic for me.. paper presentation at BITS, summer intern at Reliance , the all important placements and finally CAT!Now that I’ve achieved what I’ve wanted to I’m ‘busy’ partying these days:)
It was great fun catching up with people.. Our Career Launcher sir (Chari sir) was so kind to give us a treat at Grand Kakatiya!!(ITC Sheraton’s 5 star hotel!). For few of us it was the first time we stepped into a five star hotel for lunch!The food was awesome and hope sir treats us there everytime he comes to Hyd:) Though some guys missed out the party, it was great fun catching up with people with whom we would’ve argued horribly in a GD practice session or got worried about results together.. It was great to see everyone relaxing and excitedly looking ahead to joining their respective IIM’s.
It was also the time to catch up with the IIML students from Hyderabad. Around 6 came for the first meet at Eat Street and I got blasted to have chosen the time as 4 pm (Eat street is not a place to go at that time..:( but I had other constraints so changed the time to 4). The crowd was great!There was some Sprite’s “Sania Mania” program which the guys were apparently excited about… but I was the only girl there so I just came back home at around 6 so that they could have some fun;) The guys were fun..and in midst of all the jokes they even discussed stuff about interns,lateral placement etc. We shared a common enthusiasm about our 'to be college'. We joked that after a year we would come back to the same place wearing IIML t-shirts!One of them told me about a t-shirt lines which was "CAT sent me to L, and now I'm back from hell". All in all had great fun!
I bunked the next IIML meet because I had to go to the school reunion.. I met up with a lot of them after 6 years.Did kind of get a culture shock to see a few friends smoking and it was the first time I stepped into a pub!Some of them were just the same while others were beyond recognition!It was good that we had to wear badges which made recognising people all the more simpler.The party was well organised and a lot of effort had gone into it to get 50+ people together on one day.Most of us lost touch after 10th as we got busy studying for our respective entrance exams!!It was also fun to see people in their changed 'avtaar'.A very different kind of experience to move around people with whom you had fun 6 years back and now that bonding no longer holds due to the 'changed lifestyles'.
It was fun:)
Anyway the reason why I thought I’ll write my blog was that I remembered an incident where a very close friend of mine grumbled last year that while others were enjoying college life both of us were sitting and working hard and I just told him to wait and we’ll get our turn to enjoy!Now that both of us have a great career ahead I think it was worth all the pain.And am sure this experience will encourage me to work hard in the future because the parties at the end of an achievement are awesome!!!

5 Comments:

  • At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice read, div. Have all the fun you can. You deserve it. :-)

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger poloju_Brahmeshwar said…

    hiee divya!!!nice post!!!hope all ur wishes come true...
    hav a joyful life at IIML

     
  • At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    lam writing this on my phone. god my phone is awesome ! Oh any ways nice blog entry. And where is my party ??

     
  • At 12:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad tht ur having all the fun u deserve:)...hope u have the best in life.My best wishes with u alwaz!!

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Divya Rao said…

    @anonymous,polo,anonymous(aditya),apoorva-
    THANKS A LOT:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
hit Counter