My Journey...

Of events and incidents that affect me...

Sunday, March 19, 2006

My 21st Birthday…

I don’t know how u guys felt on ur 21st bday,but for me it wasn't like my other birthdays.. I felt really different today..as if I suddenly realized tht now I’m grown up!I mean-21 is considered to be an ADULT!(baap re-me an adult!!).I was excited on my 18th birthday because at tht time I loved growin old..but not anymore..Me and my friend came to the conclusion tht at 18 ur a major but at 21-ur an actual adult(mentally kathe!)
(I stil think-“My God!I’m ACTUALLY 21”)Maybe now I see the responsibilities that are lying ahead.I mostly will move out of Hyd-either for studies or for my job-so for the first time wil be stayin away from mamma-daddy!N one of the worst parts of growing up is tht my young nephews n nieces wil now call me chinnamma(aunty) rather than an akka(didi)which I would’v loved.
I just remembered a few of my cousins who got married at 21!WAT THE…..$#@#$%% How could they do tht..I mean-I stil feel like a kid(NOT THT I BEHAVE LIKE ONE!).So this coming yr I guess I’l also have to face some anxious over excited relatives who just jump over innocent girls who just crossed 21 to get them married!
Thanks to Orkut-a lot more friends called n wished-I felt really good.So for once I think orkut rocks!!
Now coming to my celebration part-it was pretty good..esp the evening!It didn start off too well..the lunch place was disastrous-the food sucked!I saw ‘harry porter’.Now I know thts not a very good idea(everybody’s whose heard this has just been askin me-“why harry porter” because I’m the kind who slept off reading the first harry porter book..tht too in the first chapter!).
The most embarrassing part was in the evening.We had a small get-together at a hotel..there was another group of around 10 ppl beside us n they suddenly started singing the “happy birthday..” song..It was the birthday of a qute boy..hardly 5 yrs old n his mom was helping him cut the cake-the scene was pretty qute!now fastforward an hour and a half.(tht family was stil there beside us)Suddenly I was surprised by a cake.(Till here it was ok).N then my family started singing "happy birthday dear divya.." tht too loudly!!!(with my jeeja ji encouraging everybody sayin”we should be louder than them!”)From my aunts-uncles to my youngest cousin everyone started singing n then clapped after the song!I even blew the numbered candle-21,2 n 1!!I really felt like a mix of a 2 yr old and a 1 yr old looking at those candles..I started the day feeling I’m a grown up now n again thinking about the evening..maybe am stil a kid and woh sab responsibilities ke liye abhi time hai...shayad!!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:23 AM, Blogger Harika Korukonda said…

    o my god!!...u kind of stole away words from my mouth...i ws kind of gettin senti wen i ws readin my own thots on my recent 21st bday in ur blog 2day!!!....n i guess thts a common feeling anyone wud get on THT day...actually i felt it on my 20th bday itself tht i m no more a teenager!!!(oh my god!!!!! cnt believe this!!!..)..n the very thot of soo many responsibilities is also scary na...i agree!!!....bt then ,lets c hw much v learn from life ahead!!!....bt hey ther's an advantage of being an 'A'dult heheh....isnt it???.....ok so all the best for ur adult life ahead!!!!

     
  • At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Turning 21 does feel like a profound epiphenical thing....at first. Given a few days you will realise that few things change.

    Of course one major change is that you can drink (legally that is). Atleast 21 is the age in New York. Not sure if its the same in Hyderabad.

    Anyways, here's wishing you a terrific birthday and hope you have great time at dinner tonight. hehehehe

     
  • At 1:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wicked re u got to blow a cake wit 2 nd 1 candles nd bday song too...wow wud luv 2c ur pic..nd now dont go on bout bein 21 nd grown up crap am still freakin bout me bein 21,responsible, yeah ull know the rest........
    How bout ending it wit bryan adams"18 till i die" wow uv tht song damn:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
hit Counter