My Journey...

Of events and incidents that affect me...

Friday, March 17, 2006

My IIM Interview experiences..

When my madam at college asked me about my interviews in front of the whole class-i just smiled and said-"Good".When my friends asked me i said-"ok,ok" n wen other iim call getters asked i just laughed!because i knew tht they are the only one's who'd understand tht no matter how well you do or how bad u do..u just cant judge ur chances of makin thru...
"So near yet so far.."
(i don kno why i'm comin up wit such cliched stuff today??)
my 5 calls are done..yet i don kno where i'l be.(I fortunately did my iimc well so..).But as far as the experience goes..I LOVED IT!
I met lots of ppl..had great fun before and after the interview..I esp remember my iiml interview where all the guys were so cool...they went on buggin a guy tht he'd convert the call as he was the only one wearin a stripes shirt while all of them were wearin plain shirts!so imagine all the silly stuff we were upto while waiting for our turn..the most wise-est statement tht was usually made to ppl who were last minute craming thru books was-"don try too hard-they'l screw you anyway"
N thts really the truth..those IIM profs are..don kno wt!no matter how much i wud prepare-each time i got screwed on something unexpected.Their knowledge base is tooooooo wide!.I now respect them a lot more than i did before..
The stress interviews were fun!!and especially wen they ridicule you and make u sound dumb-in my case,I would just smile n internally did feel dumb!!n continued to smile after tht!!
The no. of girls for the interviews were very very less..(so tht increases my chances as apparently the iim profs wudn screw up the girls ratio at their coll).
I also met guys who were so depressed tht they were goin to iim n not xlri as apparently the girls to boys ratio in the latter is 1:1!!!!so the guys were sulkin tht the kind of girls who come to iim's are so boring-Maybe this time they can cheer a bit;)
All my interviews were at IIM-B..chatha city(sorry banglore-ians) but the campus is reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally good.Everytime I go there,really wished i could study there.(Few guys wished too..as they saw a few 'hot babes'-as they called them, on campus!)
Anyway I shouldn get too greedy because wen i wrote CAT I thought MDI was my only chance..I'm very fortunate to have had this experience and now that its done,i'v given the interviews my best shot-i'l keep my fingers crossed and wait for the results!
(wish me luck!!)

6 Comments:

  • At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just to give your prior notice...one party per conversion....your treat.

    -Aditya

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, it was nice to read the first hand experience at the Interviews n moreover of my own junior. Have a suggestion. may be for ur next blog, you could right what you went through - in terms of leranings at the various interviews, i believe each insti has its own way of drilling the candidates. Good Luck!!

     
  • At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oye let me know which iim the hot guys r in..thts my priority nd cool baap continue ur journey

     
  • At 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    cool stuff next time write in detail ur experiences

     
  • At 8:11 AM, Blogger Harika Korukonda said…

    hiii di :-))))...nice 2 go thru ur experiences...n also congrats for alll tht...soo u r goin 2 make it!!!!....n hey it takes much to get there for the very 1st attempt...gettin into IIM is actually a distant dream to almost evryone!!!!!!(ofcourse me being an exception to tht!!!...never ws i intersted in mba)....n u hav made tht dream come true.....cheers for tht.....n hey abt ur blog....i loved readin it....n ya be b u can b more descriptive abt the interview experiences tht wud help other mba aspirants!!!...n ya i believe tht wud take u atleast 3 blogs per interview n also kind of boring blog for ppl who r nt aspiring for mba right????

     
  • At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    First of all Congratulations for making it this far in the process! Kick ass! Didn't know until i read this entry.I hope you make it..
    Now coming to your blog..Great style of writing..I actually had fun reading it..It must have been one helluva experience..
    Haaaa...Now comsidering I am from Bangalore ("chattha city" did you say?! hehe..)..Its not THAT bad after all..Except for the pathetic infrastructure here..Everything else rocks! Maybe if you are here this time I will take you around to the right places and maybe I can change your opinion (should be fun! What say?)
    Ok coming back..One suggestion..try and avoid using local lingo because people from outside (like myself) will find it a little difficult to follow..
    Otherwise a great blog..Good going Divya! both in writing and in the other great things you are achieving!! Hope you make it..Cheers!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
hit Counter